[TxMt] Re: Python bundle doesn't see modules

Sun Jan 2 19:17:21 UTC 2011

On 1 Jan 2011, at 19:02, michal owsiak wrote:

> […] if I use Python bundle to start this script directly from the TextMate (Bundles -> Python -> Run script) I get following error:
>
> ImportError: 'No module named etree.ElementTree'

That is weird, as the script works for me (with ⌘R).

Try type ‘env|sort’ in a new (TextMate) document and press ⌃R. This dumps all environment variables.

Do the same in Terminal and see if there are any noticable differences. I am not familiar with how the environment can affect Python search paths, only know of the site_customize thing, but perhaps this is key?

Also try create a new account on your machine and run the script from there (in TextMate). That is a quick way to find out if the problem is local.