[TxMt] Re: TextMate becoming increasingly unstable

Sun Jan 2 19:02:25 UTC 2011

On 28 Dec 2010, at 16:16, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> […] Textmate never opened, and no matter what I did Textmate would NO LONGER open.

For the records, a bug was introduced in r1616 related to this file:

    ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/TextMate.pid

If that file exists and contains a process ID of a running process, TextMate will not start.

This should be rare, since process IDs are not re-used (before the counter wraps) and TextMate does delete the file on quit — but e.g. a machine shutdown w/o properly shutdown can cause the problem to arise.