[TxMt] Pasting styled text into buffer's syntax

Turadg Aleahmad turadg at cmu.edu
Sat Feb 26 22:48:40 UTC 2011

Sometimes I have styled text on the clipboard that I would like to put into
a Markdown or HTML document. When I paste into any document, it appears as
plain text stripped of any style info.

Is it possible for a Textmate bundle to capture the paste and transform the
styled text to the syntax of the current buffer? E.g. styled text "This is
bold and this has a link" would paste into a Markdown doc as "This is
**bold** and this has a [link](http://example.com)" and into an HTML doc as

If this isn't possible, is anyone else interested in having this feature in
Textmate or developing a system service for it?

Turadg Aleahmad
PhD student <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~taleahma/>, HCII <http://hcii.cmu.edu>