[TxMt] Re: How to get HTML code of bundle TextMate -> Create HTML from Document

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:46:25 UTC 2011

> I usually go into the menu at the top; File / "New From Template", choose
> "HTML" scroll around some more, and choose from there.
>
> CSS is began from the same menu; File / Plain Text, then at the bottom of
> the plain text doc one will see the words plain text and some little
> triangles for clicking on that reveal a menu to choose, CSS is in there.
>
> So it seems a drill down procedure.The Preferences allow for doc of choice
> to appear at start up.

That is how to create a new HTML or CSS document.

I want to get the results of the command TextMate -> "Create HTML From
Document".  This command is located in the "TextMate" bundle.  This command
takes the contents of the currently opened file and turns it into HTML,
preserving the syntax highlighting by embedding CSS code into the document.
 On e-TextEditor for Windows, for example, the same bundle generates a page
of markup.  However on TextMate, it opens directly in a Web Preview window
from which I am unable to extract the markup.

Is there a) some way to prevent it from opening in web preview?  Or b) some
way to directly get the contents as source of a web preview window?

Thanks
Brandon