[TxMt] Tool to Synchronize TextMate with Dropbox

John Vilsack john.vilsack at activesportsinc.com
Mon Feb 21 20:46:10 UTC 2011

Since I've never had good luck with symlinking in the Library folder,
I created a little applescript app that lets me push or retrieve my
settings from a hidden folder in my Dropbox.  It's working great for
me so I thought I would share!

At this time it will:

1. Grab TextMate themes, bundles, settings, etc. from
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate and ~/Library/Preferences
2. Store them in a hidden folder in your DropBox called .MateSync
3. Download them onto another machine.

It won't:

1. Work if you don't have your Dropbox in ~/Dropbox
2. Save backups (Dropbox should do this for you)
3. Transfer TextMate.app to your Dropbox.  If you make GUI changes,
you have to sync those yourself.

https://github.com/johnvilsack/SyncMate

Please let me know if anyone finds this useful!

- John