[TxMt] couple of questions RE TM2

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 29 00:45:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

Like many, I have been enjoying playing around with TM2, and have founds lots of things to like; for example, the use of .tm_properties files is great, as is the new file browser.  I have, however, discovered a couple issues that prevent me from using TM2 for actual work, which in turn limits my ability to test it out seriously.  One of these is probably a trivial issue and the others are minor and cosmetic, so this isn't really directed at Allan (who has more important things to do).  However, I wonder whether others might be able to comment:

1) None of the bundle commands seem to work for me (e.g., TODO -> Show TODO List, Python -> Run Script, Mercurial -> Status, etc.) -- they all give the following error:

/Users/pschumm/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/escape.rb:23:in `e_url': private method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

I am using a stock Lion setup (fully updated), with TM Version 2.0 (8971).  I admit that I have not tried to look into this more carefully, in large part because I am completely unfamiliar with Ruby.

2) I can't seem to get the Wrap Column indicator line to show up, regardless of what I set Wrap Column to be; also, using the Wrap Column -> Other... menu item doesn't seem to work.

3) The font rendering seems a bit odd, or at least not like it is in TM 1.5, Terminal, etc.  In particular, I typically use Monaco 9 pt. with antialiasing turned off.  However, when I set TM2 this way, the letters are smaller than they are in an equivalent TM 1.5 or Terminal window and the interline spacing is much larger; in addition, the letters do not appear to be uniformly spaced.  Can anyone comment on the possible reason(s) for these visual differences given the same font specification?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Phil