[TxMt] Re: TM2: New tab issue

Wed Dec 28 12:53:45 UTC 2011

On 28 Dec 2011, at 13:39, Gary Pearman wrote:

> When hitting Option + Command + N, a new tab is opened, but also all of the folders in the file view on the left become expanded. After this TM2 becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Try disconnect and reconnect your mouse.

The problem is that the file browser needs to know if user option-clicks disclosure triangles (for recursive collapsing/expansion) but I haven’t found a good way to make this check other than test if “current event” is an option-click in a callback for the NSOutlineView.

This callback is also called when adding/removing the ×-markers in the file browser, and while “current event” should be a key equivalent (for New Tab), at least one user had the issue that TM registered it as a mouse event, but it was fixed after he reconnected his mouse (or similar).