[TxMt] Bundles don't load in TM2

Jonathan Ragan-Kelley katokop1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 21:33:29 UTC 2011

On one of my two machines, TextMate 2 silently fails to load a number of
bundles. The LaTeX bundle was the first culprit I noticed.

As is visible here, it purports to be installed, but does not appear in the
file mode popup:

 https://skitch.com/jrk/gu97u/screen-shot-2011-12-25-at-4.09.54-pm

(Similarly, if I select the LaTeX bundle when prompted on first opening a
.tex file, the sheet stalls forever with a full progress bar and the window
never renders the contents of the file.)

A few related oddities:

- A string of logged errors which seem to relate to the bundle installation

12/25/11 4:01:18.309 PM [0x0-0xd10d1].com.macromates.TextMate.preview: ***
swap_and_unlink(‘/var/folders/b0/j00c1y2j07ncwjgr2kmfw6bc0000gn/T/TextMate_dl_save_filter.BOPNSn’
→ ‘/Users/jrk/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Cache/org.textmate.updates.default’): No such file
or directory
12/25/11 4:09:41.050 PM [0x0-0x35035].com.macromates.TextMate.preview:
error with swap_and_unlink:
/var/folders/b0/j00c1y2j07ncwjgr2kmfw6bc0000gn/T/TextMate_dl_bytes.omR0lQ →
/Users/jrk/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/Bundles/LaTeX
(2011-11-13).tbz

- Installing the LaTeX bundle on this machine automatically installs Java
and JavaDoc first, and R after. On my other machine (with a largely
identical configuration, but where this works), it installs one or two
random, seemingly unrelated dependencies, but not all three. (In
particular, it didn't seem to install the R bundle.)

This happens on a bare guest account, after wiping all settings and caches,
rebooting, etc., and happens identically in all 3 alpha builds I have seen
since the release.

Ideas?