[TxMt] Re: [FIX] checknest.rb syntax error

Freek Dijkstra public at macfreek.nl
Fri Dec 23 14:36:18 UTC 2011

Dave Baldwin wrote:
> On 23 Dec 2011, at 09:21, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
>
>> After I upgraded to Lion, which has Ruby to 1.9 instead of Ruby 1.8,
>
> Puzzled.  I am running Lion and my version of Ruby is not 1.9.
>
> ~: ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [universal-darwin11.0]
> ~: which ruby
> /usr/bin/ruby
> ~:

You are correct. In my previous mail, I presumed that the shebang at top
of checknest.rb was used to find the ruby version (/usr/bin/ruby). It
turns out that TextMate does not use the shebang, but simply calls ruby
and relies on the PATH to find the right exectable. In my case, this is
/usr/local/bin/ruby, which is 1.9.3p0.

Also, I did not mention that I run a custom fork of the LaTeX bundle.

Nevertheless, this is all irrelevant, since this bug is still there in
TextMate.app.

I hope the report and patch are useful enough to fix this.

Thanks,
Freek