[TxMt] Re: [TM2] extended attributes / macfusion

Thu Dec 22 11:53:21 UTC 2011

On 22 Dec 2011, at 12:35, Alex Sullivan wrote:

> Anyone else having trouble saving files on remote file systems using macfusion sshfs?
>
> On save I'm getting "The document could not be saved. Setting extended attributes: Attribute not found" though the file is saved.

There might be a more detailed error in console.

I have unfortunately found that a lot of file systems does a poor job at setting proper flags for what they support and setting errno to the proper error code on failure.

So I wouldn’t at all be surprised that sshfs has a problem with setxattr(). It probably should have set errno to ENOTSUP, assuming sshfs does not emulate extended attributes.