[TxMt] Re: [textmate] textmate2, duplicate files in a project issue

Thu Dec 22 11:44:03 UTC 2011

On 22 Dec 2011, at 12:28, Justin Mills wrote:

> I noticed that if I have two files with the same name in different projects then textmate2 sometimes does not open a new tab when I request to edit the file and instead sends me to the other one that was already open.

Are the files the same?

If not, can you provide steps to reproduce?

> […] there is no longer anyway to set files to default binary - so I frequently try to open a flash *.fla and it opens in the hex editor and then often crashes textmate2.

You can set it to binary by adding this to ~/.tm_properties:

    [ *.fla ]
    binary = true

I assume the crash is caused by running out of memory when generating the “hex view” — this is done naively using an NSTextView so it requires some 50 times the file size (not the final code).

> When trying to edit a code file *.as in flashIDE, it seems textmate now locks the file if it also open in Textmate

TextMate does not use any file locks.

> Ps any progress on the new file from tab, it's really a pain not to have this.

Don’t know what “new file from tab” means, so can’t say if it’s on the to-do. That said, I’m reluctant to give estimates about when what will be done, and if it will even be done at all.