[TxMt] Re: Problems with Find in Project in TM2 alpha

Kevin Koltz kevin at mbx.com
Wed Dec 21 20:19:44 UTC 2011

I am also having strange issues with "replace all", and it might be because
of inconsistent CRLF line endings (we have code saved from both windows and
unix and mac).  When I went to go do a replace all, I noticed random text
was replaced on half of my files.

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Tim Rand <timrandg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone else having problems with Find?
> Yes. I have noticed that unchecking a hit, so that it will not be
> replaced, doesn't keep it from getting replaced--basically the check
> boxes do not do anything.
> Tim
>
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Adam Sharp <adsharp at me.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Firstly, loving the new Find in Project interface, particularly the live
> preview for Replace All.
> >
> > However, having a problem where Find All makes some really wacky
> selections. For example:
> >

> > As it turns out, lines 90 and 94 can't possibly exist in this file—it
> only has 59 lines! If I re-run Find All it then selects the correct lines
> and marks them with a star in the gutter.
> >

> > Consequently, if I run Replace All when the weird or non-existant lines
> are selected, I get some incredibly strange results, like my replacement
> text being inserted at a random place in a line I never selected.
> >
> > This is a large project with 3000+ files and directories.
> >
> > Is anyone else having problems like this?
> >
> > Adam

Kevin Koltz
MBX Systems
(847) 416-4000 ext. 334