[TxMt] Smart Folder / SCM Status from parent folder possible?

Harald Lapp harald.lapp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:53:47 UTC 2011

hello,

while the new "smart folder" feature where you can see uncommited/
untracked files is a great addition to TM2, it's very unconvenient to
use, if your project follows a modular approach. my projects for
example are always built from several generic modules, which have
their own git repositories. so the directory layout i am using is
something like:

work

+- module1
|   + .git
|   + ...

+- module2
|   + .git
|   + ...

+- module3
|   + .git
|   + ...

i've opened my "work" folder in TM2's file browser, but i cant use the
"smart folder" functionality here, because there is no ".git"
directory here, but each module has a ".git" directory. now to see the
uncommited/untracked files, i apparently have to navigate to each
module first to have the "smart folder" functionality. any chances
that this could be expanded, that you could have a summary of all
uncommited/untracked files from the parent directory ("work" in this
case)?

thanks very much!

harald