[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Visibility of current file browser root

Tue Dec 20 19:14:39 UTC 2011

On 20 Dec 2011, at 19:42, John Whitley wrote:

> […] in ~/.tm_properties:
>
> foo = 'foo'
> windowTitle = '${TM_DISPLAYNAME}${foo:+ - $foo}'
>
> .. I don't see '- foo' after the display name.

Works for me.

> […] .tm_properties files aren't actually interpreted sequentially.

They are.

> […] $CWD doesn't seem to be very useful for my original purpose.  Even when
> started via the CLI interface on a specific directory, $CWD seems to be set to
> $HOME.

$CWD is the folder containing the .tm_properties file.

It is useful to set e.g. TM_MAKE_FILE to "$CWD/Makefile" or projectDirectory. But this .tm_properties file should then be copied to each of your projects.

> So is there a way to get the current project name into the title bar via
> end-user configuration?

This is what I use for my projects:

    windowTitle = "$TM_DISPLAYNAME — ${CWD/^.*\///}"

But this needs to be set for each project’s .tm_properties file (can’t be set globally).