[TxMt] Re: Extending selection changed between TM1 and 2

Tue Dec 20 09:56:45 UTC 2011

On 19 Dec 2011, at 16:58, Gerd Knops wrote:

> When selecting a line via triple-click, then extending the selection by shift-clicking on another line, the behavior changed.
> […]
> Should probably be changed to behave like TM1 did to be in line with expected behavior on OS X.

This one was pretty tricky because the only way (I could think of) to do that is store state about how selection was created (incase it later gets extended) and with TM2’s multiple carets, discontinuous and unanchored selections plus general abstractions related to transforming / sanitizing them, it was quite a head scratcher how to do this without adding lots of code complexity to check and update state variables.

So while I agree about how it ideally should work, it might take some time before it gets that behavior.