[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 43, Issue 51

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Sun Dec 18 21:15:26 UTC 2011

> Also, would you please answer my second question from the original email
> which was to refer me to resources that are simple to learn as I am just
> learning how to code and I don't understand most of the emails people are
> talking about, including your blogs.

These are good resources to learn programming for a beginner.  However this
really isn't the place for that, it is a support list for a text editor.
http://norvig.com/21-days.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming
http://stackoverflow.com/

I'm sure Allan is busy having just launched a product that took years to
develop, especially considering it is a week from Christmas.  There seems
to be a lot of people saying "I need this feature now, otherwise TextMate 2
is unusable."  Maybe he should have just kept it for another year to
satisfy everyone's desires?

Anyway if you are having an issue (especially .tm_properties problems,
performance/slow rendering problems, bundle problems, and folder problems),
before posting here I recommend backing up all your custom
bundles/settings/themes, deleting both TM and Avian and all related support
docs (App Support/plists), and install a fresh copy of Avain, then
selectively put back the stuff you actually use.  I had several of the
issues intermittently and that fixed several of them.

Brandon