[TxMt] Re: how to use html preview for LaTeX in TM1

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:20:33 UTC 2011

Allan Odgaard <mailinglist at ...> writes:

> On 18 Dec 2011, at 16:12, Piero D'Ancona wrote:
>
> > I would like to experiment with using the feature
> > 'pipe through command' of the html preview in TM1
> > in combination with pdflatex.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, that is not possible (since you switch
> the WebView to display a PDF for the LaTeX rendering).

Thanks for your time Allan.

Well I run into a problem with stdin which I do not
understand.

I'm editing a very simple latex file.

If I pipe through the command cat /dev/stdin, web preview
gives me the correct result (I see in the preview the contents
of my file, on one line).

If I pipe through the command
pdflatex -output-directory /tmp -interaction=nonstopmode /dev/stdin
and then look into the log file, I find that tex was not able to
compile. The TeX error is "no legal \end found". This means
that somehow pdflatex could not access stdin I guess, but why?

Piero