[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Slow open/change file, a lot of cpu usage each time switch/open file

Sun Dec 18 10:24:17 UTC 2011

On 16 Dec 2011, at 18:34, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> Every time I open a new file or begin typing in an unmodified buffer, TextMate hangs for a good 5 seconds. […]

Try relaunch TextMate and hold ⇧ so you get no session restore.

Open a file without ever bringing up the file browser.

See if the performance is still bad.

If not, this most likely is related to SCM status updating done by the file browser.

The file browser has an intermitten problem with mercurial (hg) repositories.

Some users initialize their home folder as a mercurial repository and that’s presently a recipe for disaster with the current file browser since any file system change under ~ will cause it to ask for updated SCM status and any folder shown by the browser will be marked as part of this huge repostiroy rooted at ~.