[TxMt] Re: autocompletion popup

Phil textmate at luminated.net
Sun Dec 18 01:21:00 UTC 2011

I haven't used such functionality in gedit, but what I found to be
best in TextMate while programming Python, was the RopeMate bundle
(which I believe works for multiple languages). If I remember
correctly, I had to press Ctrl+Space to invoke autocompletion, but I
got a nice list of relevant completions (with symbols telling if it's
a function or what it is) ...
Not sure if/how to get completion popping up without pressing any key ...

(Maybe there's new possibilities in the new version. I dunno, I kinda
need to focus on working instead of playing with the alpha version
right now ...)

-F-