[TxMt] [TM2] selection behavior

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat Dec 17 20:34:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

TM2 still appears to have the same troublesome selection behavior TM1 has. As an example take this line in Perl:

	die("$self failed to implement ".(caller(0))[3]);

Ideally I could select '$self' by double-clicking. For that to work I would need to tell TM2 that $ is a word character in Perl, per grammar word character definitions are needed. (That may be there already, but I can't find it being mentioned anywhere.)

Now double-clicking on 'self' and moving the mouse to the left to add the '$' doesn't work because it adds '("$'. TM2 should treat non-word characters as individual characters instead of grouping them together into a "word" when extending a selection that started with a double-click.

Similarly it is impossible to select 'caller(0)' by double-clicking 'caller' and extending to the right, instead one ends up with 'caller(0))['.

Gerd