[TxMt] TextMate 2 Opinions / Question about tm_properties files outside ~ directory

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:45:37 UTC 2011

Wow, just wow.  Lots of awesome stuff going on.  Every corner is packed
with new, exciting features.  A couple of ideas:

I agree with keeping the file browser window (or formerly-known-as-project
window) open after the last tab is closed.  I keep frustrating myself
by accidentally closing it, then I have to hit command+n, then rebrowse to
my folder.

Here's my suggestions for improving this behavior:

- Allow command+t to work without a window open.  The list could be
populated with the files under File->Open Recent.

- Open the file browser to the last folder I was using, rather than home.

If anyone knows how to navigate the file browser / favorites using only the
keyboard, I would be eternally grateful for that information.

###

I'm also having some issues with the .tm_properties files.  They only seem
to be working intermittently for excluding files/directories from my
project.  Sometimes the files will disappear as soon as I save my edits,
somes times not.  Sometimes they will come back later.  I am not under my
home directory (I'm in /Library/WebServer/Documents/...) which I have a
hunch might be causing the problems.  Anyone experienced anything similar
or have any info on that?

###

About Projects:  I can understand not reintroducing projects if a few other
features are stepped up.  One small feature I find improves the experience
quite a bit is when you open a project, it restores the tab state and puts
you in the file you left off in.  If that could be replicated with the
existing features (on a per folder or per favorite basis) I think it would
go a long way towards reducing the desire to return to .tm_proj files.