[TxMt] How "Find" results are displayed

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Thu Dec 15 10:05:29 UTC 2011

In the Find results window, after e.g. a Find in Project search, I really miss (in TM 1.5 too) not having a panel within the same results window that shows the relevant section of code when any results line is selected.

In normal use, I have one or more other windows open, and for a reason--I'm looking at them or soon will be. I find it a nuisance that clicking on a Find results hijacks the project window just to show me the relevant code. Frequently, I need to have both that window and the search result visible at once. I can see that this could be a personal preference, so it would be wonderful to have this as a user pref.

Also, I don't find it useful to display a results line twice when the search process has found two matches in the same line. It is adequate (even less confusing, less clutter) to display the results line once, but bold-facing the multiple matches in that single line.

Jerry