[TxMt] Re: Projects are gone in TM2?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Thu Dec 15 06:51:52 UTC 2011

On Dec 14, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Morgan Harris wrote:

> Open the project folder. Bam. You're done. You've opened your project.

Not all projects are so simple. At work, for example, we have a very large project (150+ developers) spread across two different SCM repositories. The part I'm working on is in one repo, buried deep in the hierarchy, while its test cases are in another repo altogether. In TextMate 1.x, this wasn't a problem because a project could have a view of just those two folders, no matter where they were. But in TextMate 2, I'll have to open a root folder that's common to both -- but that pulls in hundreds of thousands of files comprising 3GB of data. I don't think "Go to File" or "Find in Project" would be very useful in that situation!

So far in this discussion I've not seen a way to handle this. I suppose I could work around it by creating symbolic links, but it would be nice to handle it within TextMate.

Trevor