[TxMt] Re: SOLVED Re: TextMate 2 can't find "pre" in Lilypond bundle

Wed Dec 14 23:04:12 UTC 2011

On 14 Dec 2011, at 18:41, Charles Turner wrote:

> Here's a solution:
>
> . "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/bash_init.sh"
> "$TM_LILYPOND" "$TM_FILENAME" 2>&1 | pre
>
> 1) In TM2, bash_init.sh needs to be loaded?

If the command has no shebang, it should work like 1.x (i.e. auto-source bash_init.sh).

Where can I see the full source for your bundle command?

> 2) In TM2, stdout and stderr are differentiated? (Lilypond writes to
> stderr, so combining it before the pipe to pre works. Wasn't needed,
> apparently, on TM1.5)

Yes, 1.x pretty much ignore command failures and output from stderr is just treated like stdout. In an attempt of providing better dialogs for actual failing commands, 2.0 now checks exit code from commands and treats stderr as erroneous output, so commands should be well behaved :)