[TxMt] Re: Projects are gone in TM2?

dvlogic dvlogic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:47:34 UTC 2011

I rely on project files for TextMate for the following reasons:

(1) I work on many different projects, bouncing between the sets of sources
within each project.  By opening a project file, it makes it easy for me to
restore where I was at when I bounce from one project back to another.

(2) I work in a team, where each developer uses different tools on different
platforms.  I prefer to keep my TextMate project files in a completely
separate area away from the sources so I don't have to worry about polluting
the source repository with "my baggage."

(3) Because each set of sources contains multi platform files, I use the
TextMate project settings to hide sources (via regex syntax) for files I
don't want to see or more importantly find references in when I do a "find
in project" search.

Please keep projects in TM2 or an equivalent way to group sets of sources.