[TxMt] Live Web Preview in TextMate 2

Torsten Grust torsten.grust at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:24:33 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering whether something like the Live Web Preview
available in TextMate 1 will be present in TextMate 2?

I was (ab)using this functionality (and its `Pipe text
through (command)' option) to implement live LaTeX editing
and previewing with TextMate 1 (the preview would basically
update after every keystroke, no need to save the document).
This worked so well, it became my primary use case and killer
application for TextMate.

In TextMate 2, I noticed a `Show Web Preview' command in the
HTML bundle, but the preview would neither update automatically
nor is a `Pipe text through' option provided.

It would be more than sad to see this functionality go away...

Cheers and keep up the good work,
 --Torsten