[TxMt] Re: Running TM1 and TM2 concurrently

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Wed Dec 14 18:49:09 UTC 2011

On Dec 14, 2011, at 5:42 AM, Matthew Johnson wrote:

>> The problem is that both versions detects that TM is running already without checking the version, so it activates the running one instead of launching its own. Anyway what's the purpose of running them in parallel? ;)
>
> That's the behavior I'm seeing.  I would like to run in parallel to play with the new version but still be able to continue doing production work with 1.5...

I'm seeing the not-able-to-run-both-at-once behavior, as well.  I agree with the sentiment that I don't think it's very good idea to do real work for real paying clients while using alpha software.  At any rate, none of my custom bundles or bundle customizations seems to have made their way into TM2, so I'm MUCH more productive in TM 1 at this point.  Yet I'd like to have TM 2 open to get a feel for it and possibly help out by reporting issues.