[TxMt] finding / installing rspec bundle

RonJeffries ronjeffriesacm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:09:53 UTC 2011

Absolute noob here. New to Mac and to TextMate. Have and am reading the Prag TextMate book. Feel free to send me to a link or such.

I'm trying to run an rspec test under TextMate. I have the rspec gem installed and the test runs under Terminal. Does not run under TextMate, with the require failing. I assume I am missing some path setting or the like in TextMate but can't work out what it is.

I'm told there is an rspec bundle that should "solve" this. I tried what's on this page:
http://rspec.info/documentation/tools/extensions/editors/textmate.html to no avail.

I can't find the rspec bundle on RubyForge and when I try the second suggestion on that page, namely cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/, I find no Bundles folder under the TextMate folder, just a file, textmate.pid.

I think I'm in that early stage where there are one or two key things I don't know. The alternative is that I'm hopeless. :)

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
Yin and Yang I figure.