[TxMt] Ruby Address Book API Problem

Kyle Mandli kyle.mandli at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:59:08 UTC 2011

I recently noticed that the letter template in the Latex bundle stopped
working (TextMate hangs for a second and then does nothing, not even a
console message).  I started fiddling with the ruby script that produces the
template document and it appears that the line

  me_entry = OSX::ABAddressBook.sharedAddressBook.me

does not work.  Commenting out that block and the code that depends on it
makes the template work again.  I know so little about ruby it is
embarrassing and consequently have little knowledge on how to fix this.  Did
apple change the address book API to Ruby?  Perhaps another special case is
need now.

Kyle