[TxMt] Re: Column Selections

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Fri Apr 29 13:56:48 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-28 17:45, Dru Kepple wrote:
> You can select a linear selection as normal (with the keyboard) and then just tap the option key.  It will turn the linear selection into a columnar selection by using the start and end points of the linear selection as opposing corners of the block.  Tap again to go back.

Nice, but it doesn't always work for me.  It *usually* works, but
sometimes I have to pound on the option key a few times to get it to
take. This happens both with my laptop's built-in keyboard and the
external keyboard, so I don't think it's just a bad key.

One of the first things I did with TM was to make a set of macros:
Select Block bound to ^B (moveRightAndModifySelection,
toggleColumnSelection), Select Line bound to ^L (selectHardLine), and
Select Nothing bound to ESC (moveRightAndModifySelection, moveLeft). I
don't remember for sure, but I might have had to edit the *.tmMacro
files by hand to get exactly the behavior I wanted.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer