[TxMt] Re: Honest assessment of TM2's state please!

Edward K. Chew ekchew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:51:02 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-25, at 5:48 PM, Brandon M Fryslie wrote:

> > Curiosity or there's something you can't do with TM1?
>
> Improved completions (complete from project, etc), not crashing when editing remote files (e.g. when using MacFusion), project-wide commands (Validate Syntax for project, Transliterate to ASCII for project, etc), split pane editing, more intuitive way to edit bundles & language grammars directly in textmate (using "Edit in TextMate..." is a bit hacky), Javascript & other improvements in the web preview (such as refresh on save and instant CSS preview), improved code formatting/reindent, multiline regex engine, among others.

Split pane editing is at the top of the list for me. It's interesting that you mention reindent too. I keep tweaking the indent rules but they never quite do what I want. I figured I just haven't determined the right recipe yet but never considered that this may be a shortcoming of TM1. Hmm...

Another thing that would be cool would be the ultimate file compare with TextMate-style flexibility in the matching criteria, but then I'd probably be spending all my time tweaking it like with indent, so maybe not....

Ted