[TxMt] Re: Honest assessment of TM2's state please!

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Mon Apr 25 21:48:20 UTC 2011

> Curiosity or there's something you can't do with TM1?

Improved completions (complete from project, etc), not crashing when editing
remote files (e.g. when using MacFusion), project-wide commands (Validate
Syntax for project, Transliterate to ASCII for project, etc), split pane
editing, more intuitive way to edit bundles & language grammars directly in
textmate (using "Edit in TextMate..." is a bit hacky), Javascript & other
improvements in the web preview (such as refresh on save and instant CSS
preview), improved code formatting/reindent, multiline regex engine, among
others.

However those are only things I *know* I want.  I'm actually more excited by
all the features I don't know I need yet.  :)  Anything that makes TextMate
more TextMate-y (such as more powerful snippets, commands, and grammars) is
fine by me.

Thanks Allan and sorry for flooding your list with useless messages...it's
just that our curiosity and excitement are constantly peaking and it just
takes one errant comment to get us all aflutter.  :)

Brandon