[TxMt] Re: TextMate's Regexp has been running for 11hrs so far...

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:04:19 UTC 2011

It would be good to alter ™1.X, adding a check-box to the find and replace dialog box saying “don’t worry about undo, or reformatting: just rip and dump”

WIth this checked, replace would spawn a chrome-like separate process that takes the selection or document, tosses it into a process that does the regex (leaving the UI thread clear, just with a transparent screen over the affected window saying “doing your regex, please make an espresso”), and with a button to kill the process if it is driving to Cupertino (#1 Infinite Loop).

This is the kind of light-weight change that would be great to have now, for just the reasons you outline.

tim