[TxMt] Re: non-functioning shortcut

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Mon Apr 18 18:45:19 UTC 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Dushan Mitrovich wrote:

> The keyboard shortcut Cmd-Opt-O is supposed to toggle between Insert and
> Overwrite modes, but on my system it does nothing.  I've looked at Keyboard
> Shortcuts under System Preferences to see if there are any conflicts,
> but didn't
> see any.  Anybody have any suggestions for getting this to work?

Most common culprit is a bundle shortcut overriding the app shortcuts.  Try this: Press Control-Command-T, in the little magnifying glass drop down choose "Key Equivalent" and then type Cmd-Opt-O, and see if any results show up.  This will be language-scope-aware, so do this in the files you normally work in.

Another suggestion might be to use System Preferences to assign it to something else, and see if that works.

+dru