[TxMt] Re: Launch Current File with Ruby at Terminal

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:47:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 01:12, Tom Wardrop <tom at tomwardrop.com> wrote:
> I'm currently just starting to get into TextMate on my Mac, and
> E-TextEditor on Windows. One thing I'd like to be able to do is
> launch the currently active ruby file in Ruby at the terminal, as
> opposed the to the default "RubyMate". I essentially want a command
> prompt to open and the following command to be run: /path/to/ruby
> "/path/to/current/ruby/file". Does anyone know of a simple command to
> do this so I can add to my Ruby "bundle".

The Python bundle includes a command "Run Script (Terminal)" that you can use
as a template, but see below.

> Note, I want to manually specify the path to my ruby executable in the
> command. I don't want to use the Ruby version bundled with TextMate.

TextMate does *not* bundle a version of Ruby. It uses the ruby executable
specified in your script, defaulting to the system version.
So to do what you want, just specify the path to your favourite Ruby
implementation in the shebang line.

HTH,
Martin