[TxMt] Re: Support for PHP Alternate Syntax

Fri Sep 17 18:34:03 UTC 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Timothy Mackey wrote:

> Hi, is there any support in TextMate for PHP's Alternate Syntax?

Your example seems to highlight correctly, but I see what you mean about the folding. You'd have to go into the bundle editor and change the PHP Language. That will not be an easy project, but if you want to try, you should probably look at that section of the manual.

http://manual.macromates.com/en/language_grammars

> At the moment, I can't find a way to get code-folding working with the alternate syntax, and I would also like to be able to set TextMate's TAB auto-complete to use the alternate syntax.

The second part is pretty easy. Just go into the bundle editor and find the snippets you want to edit (if, if …else, etc.) and change them.

The only thing I would add is that you should always use hard tabs to indent your snippets even if you hate tabs with a passion. When you actually use the snippet, TextMate will replace a hard tab with whatever your preferences are for that language.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>