[TxMt] Adding Templates help

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:16:08 UTC 2010

Stephen Oravec asked...

> Hello I'm a new user to textMate,I made a HTML Template, but don't know how
> to add it to TM, the help file doesn't really give much info on where to
> save the template.

Open the bundle editor (command-control-option-b) with at least one
file open in TextMate.

Select the bundle you'd like the template to be associated with (and
make a new one if appropriate). Then choose "new template" from the
"+" at the bottom left of the window, and fill in the template
appropriately. The file is saved to a "Templates" directory inside
that particular bundle. (Choose "show package contents" on one of
TextMate's existing bundles that has at least one template available
from the File menu and you'll see how it's all structured. They're
saved inside /Applications/TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
for the bundles that come with TextMate, and in your
Library/Application Support/TextMate directory for any that you add.)

Cheers,
Paul