[TxMt] Re: Remapping keys

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Oct 25 08:07:58 UTC 2010

On 25 Oct 2010, at 09:57, Sven Axelsson wrote:
> On 24 October 2010 11:46, Mikael Henriksson <mikael at zoolutions.se> wrote:
>> I'd like to know if it is possible to do a search and replace on some keys
>> in all bundles and replace them with something else.
>> Reason, Swedish keyboard doesn't work very well with TextMate.
>
> Not really, and that would give you a lot of problems when updating bundles
> in the future. I really recommend switching to US keyboard layout.

I would also recommend to switch to US keyboard layout, or as I did, to buy a US keyboard, since it's rather easy to type non-ASCII characters with Apple's built-in functionality. ö = ⌥u (for ¨) + o, å = ⌥a etc. [to see all of these short-cuts open the Keyboard viewer and press eg ⌥].

Since that change I've problems with writing text using a German keyboard ;)

Cheers,
--Hans