[TxMt] Re: Defaulting to soft tabs + undoing hard tabs

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:14:14 UTC 2010

When soft tabs are enabled, TextMate will for the most part act
exactly as if you were using hard tabs but the document does indeed
contain spaces.

Helpful? Try opening the file in VIM to see if you have love.
(http://manual.macromates.com/en/working_with_text)

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Nigel Metheringham
<nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk> wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2010, at 19:43, Watts Martin wrote:
>
>> TM should -- assuming I'm remembering this correctly! -- remember the soft tab setting on a per filetype basis. If you set "soft tabs, 4 spaces per tab" when an HTML file is open and save that file that way, the next time you open an HTML file, it'll be opened in soft tabs, 4 spaces per tab.
>
> This certainly isn't happening for me - I end up changing to soft tabs
> pretty much every day :-/
>
>        Nigel.
> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

Ben Wilson
"We cannot determine the character or nature of a system within
itself. Efforts to do so will only generate confusion and disorder."
Boyd