[TxMt] Re: How to share bundle

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Oct 18 15:53:25 UTC 2010

Alan Schmitt
<alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org> wrote:

> On 18 oct. 2010, at 17:25, Matt Neuburg wrote:
>
> > Except that there's a slight problem: modifying a bundle's contents
> > doesn't necessary change its modification date, so my synchronizer
> > doesn't know that it should copy the tmbundle file from one computer to
> > the other. So, if I know I've made a change in the bundle on the master
> > machine, I also "touch" that bundle (using the Terminal or whatever is
> > convenient).
>
> There's a (free, open source) synchronizer which may work well in this
> case, as it considers the file contents to see if it has changed. It's
> called Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).

Yeah, actually if it comes to that, rsync is right there on your
computer and would do just fine. In fact, in some ways it's better,
because it doesn't know about bundles and just dives into them like
normal folders. However, I wrote my own tool because I wanted my own
interface that behaved the way I wanted, and because I wanted to emulate
the Finder's behavior when copying (which I do by having the Finder
actually *do* the copying). I give it away for free, but I'm not
actually suggesting anyone else would want to use it. :) m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!