[TxMt] Re: How to share bundle

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Oct 18 15:43:12 UTC 2010

On 18 oct. 2010, at 17:25, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Except that there's a slight problem: modifying a bundle's contents
> doesn't necessary change its modification date, so my synchronizer
> doesn't know that it should copy the tmbundle file from one computer to
> the other. So, if I know I've made a change in the bundle on the master
> machine, I also "touch" that bundle (using the Terminal or whatever is
> convenient).

There's a (free, open source) synchronizer which may work well in this case, as it considers the file contents to see if it has changed. It's called Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).

Disclaimer: I participate in its (very slow) development, so I'm definitely biased about it. But Merlin Mann has said he used it, so it must not be so bad ;-)

Alan