[TxMt] Guide to Starting a Bundle?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 00:03:39 UTC 2010

Linux user for 10 years. Bought a Mac six months ago. Bought TextMate
5.99 months ago. Wrote a novel (most of a first draft) with Vim in
LaTeX compiling to PDF. Plan to write one during NaNoWriMo using
TextMate; using Markdown that compiles through LaTeX to PDF (and also
compiles to EPUB). First Post here. Enough. Staccato. Typing.

Howdy.

Presently, I've modified Kitabu (github) which gives me a set of rake
tasks that do this just fine. I'd rather drink the TextMate kool-aide
and create a Bundle that does what I want. I bought Scrivener (the
document project tool), but it's not quite my style---I don't like the
text in RTF, don't like how it manages content under the covers. I
probably shouldn't care about that, but I did write a novel in LaTeX.
Published an unwieldy Sci-Fi milieu "mock encyclopedia" in LaTeX, too.
So, I'm used to under the covers. :-)

Looking at the assorted bundles, I noticed the TODO bundle has some of
what I want (ability to display output via pop-up screen like word
counts). But, I'm looking for some sort of tutorial or guide to
creating a bundle. Maybe my googler isn't working and I just couldn't
find it when I went looking.

BTW, stoked that PmWiki is the wiki engine; been using it for six years.

--
Ben Wilson
"We cannot determine the character or nature of a system within