[TxMt] Re: bundle amateur - actionscript 3

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Sat Oct 2 23:09:17 UTC 2010

On Oct 2, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Isaac Alves wrote:

> Even though I installed TextMate, the as3 bundle file and the clouds theme from the same sources, at home and at the office. What could I be missing ?

I would imagine the problem is that your document isn't being recognized as ActionScript 3.  Try pressing Control-Shift-Option-A, and selecting "ActionScript 3" from the list.  There is also a portion of the bottom bar of the document window that identifies your doc's language setting.

Specifying the right language is important because that determines what snippets and commands you have available, as well as the syntax coloring, which would explain all of the issues you have.

When you open up a file with an extension, TM tries to match the right language to it.  However, in the case of ActionScript, both the AS2 and AS3 bundles specify ".as" as the extension.  In the case of ambiguity, TM will choose your most recently chosen language.  But your install being a fresh one, there's probably some sort of logic like "the first language in the bundle list," which would be AS2.  Hence, the wrong language, and therefore the wrong coloring and snippets.

+drupal