[TxMt] Re: 'mate' command from within 'screen'

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 08:59:58 UTC 2010

On 17 Nov 2010, at 16:28, Markus Banfi wrote:

> I remember having this issue. The problem was that I used 'screen'
> from MacPorts. Apple's 'screen' (/usr/bin/screen) works fine with
> 'mate' since MacOS X 10.6.
> There is a description of this issue on the MacPorts bug tracker:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/18235
>
> -Markus-

There's the reason that it doesn't work for me, we're still on 10.5.8.
Thank you for the reply.

Looks like I'll be going with Steve's suggestion of multiple tabs for
now - I had forgotten that feature. I'll have to talk to the boss
about up-grading the OS around the office - it's not like 10.6 is
cutting edge any more.

--
Justin Catterall                               www.masonsmusic.co.uk
Director                                       T: +44 (0)1424 427562