[TxMt] Re: Mac OSX python path issue

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:54:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 07:24, Lisa Gandy <lisagandy07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just updated textmate, and it seems the system is not picking up the
> PYTHONPATH.
> […]
> none of the paths I have set in PYTHONPATH are there and instead I have this
> path...
> /Users/lisagandy/infolab_projects/ccu/ccu_gen...
> which I do not want (and am searching like crazy on the system right now to
> see where this durn path is even listed)
>
> I am running Mac OSX and am looking in my home directory for any where else
> python path could be set besides .profile, and don't see anything! here's
> the listing... any ideas????

.profile is used to configure your interactive shell, setting up
PYTHONPATH for some project should probably be done in the context of
that project (like the Makefile or setup.py).

Apart from that, you can define environment variables either just for
TextMate in its Preferences[1] or for the whole windowing system in
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist[2].

HTH,
Martin

[1]: http://manual.macromates.com/en/environment_variables#static_variables