[TxMt] Re: Problems with key equivalents and the french keyboard

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Mon Nov 15 18:09:45 UTC 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 5:41 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> For now open TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict and add this binding:
>
>    "~$\t" = "shiftLeft:";
>
> This will restore “shift left” to ⌥⇧⇥.

Thanks...I guess I was reading these messages in reverse order (after they stacked up over the weekend).  Glad I caught this nugget amongst all of the other cries for help.

I might point out that it seems that making this change in Property List Editor is not the way to go; the backslash gets escaped and you end up with "~$\\t".  Either open the file in TextMate (which just feels like a time paradox or something) or, I would imagine, try typing "~$	" in Property List Editor, where the white space there is a tab, which would entail typing Option-Tab to get a tab character and not tab over to the Value column.

+dru