[TxMt] Re: Git Bundle plist errors

Thu May 6 19:05:30 UTC 2010

On 13 Apr 2010, at 06:30, Josh Cheek wrote:

> […] I suspect my problem is with my ruby version, I'm on OSX 10.5.6,
> and using rvm to manage my ruby version […]
> PS - Full text of the error:
> /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/
> ui.rb:237:in `to_plist': An object in the argument tree could not be
> converted (ArgumentError) […]

Indeed this is a ruby problem.

Any chance you can use the stock ruby included with Mac OS X?

Your problem is that the version of ruby you use use different ids for
the object types (Hash, Array, etc.) which makes the plist extension
fail (as it has no idea what the object types are, as it was compiled
with other values for the identifiers).

I am quite sure this is a problem with the build process of your
installed ruby, as these ids should be binary compatible, but I have
no specific knowledge about the problem, above info was just from
helping a guy who built his own ruby (and had this problem).