[TxMt] Re: Why relative paths and not absolute in project files?

BarryW barry.wenger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:39:16 UTC 2010

On Mar 30, 6:37 am, Rob McBroom <mailingli... at skurfer.com> wrote:

> If it used absolute paths and someone tried to move both the project and the directory together, they would see that all the files went red and wonder why it didn’t just use relative paths. :)

Thanks for the answer here, but it's not really the correct one.

If you create the project file in the directory you are managing, then
the string for the sourceDirectory will contain nothing, and Textmate,
I assume, will just use the current directory for the contents. That
is what allows you to move both your directory and the project file
around without breaking it.

When you save the project file in a separate location, it then
populates the string with the relative path.

Thanks - Barry