[TxMt] Re: getbundles problem

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Mar 23 19:47:38 UTC 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 7:17 PM, James Raybould wrote:

> This is the contents of my log file after I tried - chmod og-w ~/Library/Application\ Support
>
> /Users/james/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/Support/lib/globalVariables.rb:1: warning: Insecure world writable dir /usr/local/bin in PATH, mode 040777

Hi James,

the same here. As far as I know /usr/local/bin owns root ie only root is allowed to write something in that directory. All other users/groups should only read and execute stuff in there; otherwise it's a security hole.

Why did you set this?

Thus try as root:
chmod og-w /usr/local/bin

to remove the writing access for other and group

--Hans