[TxMt] Re: latex bundle - where are fonts stored?

Lucy Buykx lucy at buykx.com
Tue Mar 23 17:28:44 UTC 2010

On 23 Mar 2010, at 17:10, Yan Zhou wrote:

> I suggest you should consult the TUG (Tex User Group) mail list. This is really not a TextMate thing nor a LaTeX bundle thing. Installing and using package has nothing to do with TextMate or LaTeX bundle. They merely provide a excellent way for editing latex source file.

Can you confirm that the LaTeX bundle in TextMate provides support for writing source code, compiling and producing PDF output, but provides ZERO support for adding new packages?

> There are dozens of ways to check which tex you are using.
>
> In terminal, try
>
> tex -version
>
> or
>
> latex -version

Have found that I do have a folder called /usr/local/texlive - MacOS Finder helpfully hides this so I was unable to see it before. However neither "tex" or "latex" are recognised as commands.

> Most mac users nowadays use MacTeX, aka, TeXLive. If you find "TeX Distribution" in the System preference panel, then you are using it and you can check which distribution is in use.

Here's a screen shot of my system preferences - where would I go look for Tex Distribution?